Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hopefully This Works Out

My roommate and I were talking tonight about dating and relationships and marriage.  We weren't lamenting about being single, so much as we were sharing stories and hopes.  She revealed to me that she'd been told about the "formula" for getting married.  She was told by a BYU-I professor (who apparently got it from a GA) that there were five things that single sisters needed to do in order to get married within a year.  So we're starting a challenge - from now until she's done with her rotations (in May), we're going to try out this formula.

The five things are:

  1. Read scriptures every day.
  2. Go to church every Sunday.
  3. Do temple work every week.
  4. Journal every day.
  5. Pray twice per day, and including about the righteous desire to get married.

The only catch to the formula is that you have to get out to places where you can meet people (besides just church on Sunday).  That's it.  (I'm really hoping that, since this was given more than a few years ago, blogging instead of journaling will suffice.  I don't really journal all that well; heck, I have enough trouble blogging!)

Our hope is that one of us will be in a relationship by finals.  I have faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment