Sunday, April 10, 2011

DIY - Doing It Yourself

I've been doing a bunch of decorating lately.  It started off as hanging up a couple of pictures after my roommate left.  She'd been the only one of us with things hanging on the walls, and so things looked pretty bare after she'd moved.  Once that had happened, I got brave and asked our landlord if I could paint a couple of walls and spruce things up a bit.  She brought me some paint and some brushes, and off I went.

Hurrah for red paint!!!
I wish I would have taken better "before" pictures, because without them there is no context for how much better the wall looks now that it's painted.  I have one more wall to go, and I'll remember to do pictures of it.

I drew the white line in MSPaint after I took the picture.
The line and everything to the left of it used to look like
the picture below.  The wall was really awkward and ugly...
This is the best picture I can get of the paint.  Basically it
was white with gray sponged on over top.  The sponging
job was really poorly done, and it just made the walls look
like they were always dirty.  The red paint looks much nicer.
Once the wall looked pretty, I couldn't help but hang some more pictures in the apartment.  The wall at the back of the living/dining room has been affectionately dubbed my "Jesus Wall" because the pictures and other framed pieces are all religious in nature.  (The art is in more detail below.  The CTR is something I made with vinyl letters and scrapbook paper; the two blank-looking frames hold copies of The Living Christ (pretty version) and The Family Proclamation (pretty version); the Faith image says "Faith is the essence of all things" and I've added white cardstock behind it so the red would show up.)

The "Jesus Wall"
"Rebekah an the Well" - Michael Deas
Pres. Uchtdorf quote (click to expand)
"To Be With God" - Simon Dewey
"Beside Still Waters" - Simon Dewey
This little apartment I'm living in is starting to feel like home.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks great girl! It must be fun to play around and really make it into your own space. :)

    ReplyDelete